During the assessment and therapy planning phase of your therapy journey with SpeechEase Speech Therapy, the following services may be required and are charged at the hourly rate as outlined on our website (https://www.speechease.net.au/our-fees/):
- Initial Consultation – Initial consultations are 90-minute appointments which include:
- 60 minutes with you to gather case history information, complete informal observations, build rapport and set initial goals. At the end of this appointment, your therapist will be able to provide information on what assessments may be required.
- 30 minutes without you to complete notes and organise assessments required. By the end of this appointment, your therapist will be able to provide information on what assessments may be required. If this time is not needed your therapist will let you know, and you will not be charged for this.
- Assessment – Assessments are 60-minute appointments which includes administration of a formal speech pathology assessment (please note, multiple sessions may be required to complete assessments).
- After the assessment(s) are complete, your therapist will spend time analysing and interpreting the results of the assessment(s) to determine specific therapy goals and put this information into your My Therapy Journey document. This occurs without you in the therapy room and depending on the type and number of assessments can take up to 3 hours to complete however your therapist will be able to provide a specific quote for this after the assessment(s) are completed. Please note, this work is charged at the hourly rate as outlined on our website (https://www.speechease.net.au/our-fees/).
- Feedback and Therapy Planning Consultation – Feedback and Planning Consultations are 90-minute appointments which include:
- 60 minutes with you to provide you with feedback on the outcomes of the assessment, develop a therapy plan to achieve your goals and complete your My Therapy Journey document. Your My Therapy Journey document will include specific information about the frequency of therapy appointments and other services that may be required to support you to achieve your goals.
- 30 minutes without you to complete notes, finalise the My Therapy Journey document and develop any resources needed for the therapy appointments. If this time is not needed your therapist will let you know, and you will not be charged for this.
Please note, if any services require the therapist to travel to attend the appointment, there will be an additional fee as outlined in the fees section on our website. This fee is based on a minimum of 15 minutes travel time on either side of the appointment and will be increased in 15-minute increments if additional travel time is required.